返回列表 回復 發帖

Amelia_228 Cheap Burberry Bags

"We are both of the same Church, I hope," cries the doctor.
"Drink about, doctor," cries the colonel; "and let us call a new cause; for I perceive we shall never agree on this. You are a Churchman, and I don't expect you to speak your mind."
"It is well for you, doctor,Cheap Burberry Bags," cries the colonel, "that you wear a gown; for, by all the dignity of a man, if any other person had said the words you have just uttered, I would have made him eat them; ay, d--n me,
"I will not offend you, colonel, "cries the doctor; "and our order is very much obliged to you,Discount Burberry Bags, since you profess so much respect to us,Cheap Ralph Lauren, and pay none to our Master."
"I detest and despise the name as much as you can," cries the doctor; "but you have a wrong idea of the word, colonel. What were all the Greeks and Romans? were these cowards? and yet, did you ever hear of this butchery, which we call duelling,Burberry Bags, among them?"
"O! your servant, sir," said the colonel; "I see what you are driving at; but you shall not persuade me to think that religion forces me to be a coward."
"Was you so, sir?" cries the colonel; "then I have no more to say. Women and the clergy are upon the same footing. The long-robed gentry are exempted from the laws of honour."
"It is very generous in you, colonel," cries the doctor, "to fight so zealously for a religion by which you are to be damned."
plaintiff at whose suit this gentleman was arrested."
"But are you sure, colonel,Ralph Lauren Shirts," cries the doctor,http://www.coachoutletbag.info, "that you have not made a small mistake? for I am apt to believe both Mr. Pope and Mr. Dryden (though I cannot say I ever read a word of either of them) speak of wars between nations, and not of private duels; for of the latter I do not remember one single instance in all the Greek and Roman story. In short, it is a modern custom, introduced by barbarous nations since the times of Christianity; though it is a direct and audacious defiance of the Christian law, and is consequently much more sinful in us than it would have been in the heathens."
"You are a man of learning, colonel,Burberry Outlet," cries the doctor; "but--"
"What Master,Cheap Gucci Bags, sir?" said the colonel.
"Yes, indeed, have I," cries the colonel. "What else is all Mr. Pope's Homer full of but duels? Did not what's his name, one of the Agamemnons, fight with that paultry rascal Paris? and Diomede with what d'ye call him there? and Hector with I forget his name, he that was Achilles's bosom-friend; and afterwards with Achilles himself? Nay, and in Dryden's Virgil, is there anything almost besides fighting?"
"I thank you for that compliment," said the colonel.--"No, sir,Louis Vuitton Store, I do not pretend to learning; but I have some little reading, and I am not ashamed to own it."
"Sir, you are privileged," says the colonel, with great dignity; "and you have my leave to say what you please. I respect your order, and you cannot offend me."
"That Master," answered the doctor, "who hath expressly forbidden all that cutting of throats to which you discover so much inclination."
"I am of the Church of England, sir," answered the colonel, "and will fight for it to the last drop of my blood."
"I do not thank you for that exemption, sir," cries the doctor; "and, if honour and fighting are, as they seem to be,Cheap Ralph Lauren Shirts, synonymous words with you,Discount Coach Handbags, I believe there are some clergymen, who in defence of their religion, or their country, or their friend, the only justifiable causes of fighting, except bare self-defence, would fight as bravely as yourself, colonel! and that without being paid for it."
Related articles:

Reformation_253 Louis Vuitton Factory

Rule_89 Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags

Allen_House_90 christian louboutin sandals
返回列表