返回列表 回復 發帖

The House_2 Polo Shirts

the latter had experienced was not the outcome of morbid hallucination, but that it was possible that the sounds themselves might be hallucinatory or subjective. To ascertain whether this were so, or whether they had any physical cause, he suggested the use of a phonograph, as this would at least show whether the sounds were accompanied by atmospheric waves. Lord Bute happened to know Mr. S---- slightly, having met him accidentally while travelling abroad. He accordingly wrote to him, and communicated Sir William Huggins's suggestion. Mr. S----, after a delay of some days, refused absolutely to allow any scientific investigation to be made, a refusal remarkably coincident with the recent refusal of his son, the present proprietor, to allow any similar investigation with seismographical instruments. It would seem a legitimate conclusion that neither father nor son doubted that the sounds are of a psychical character. As regards the present proprietor, such a conclusion renders it obvious that we must understand in some peculiar sense the letter published in The Times,Polo Shirts, dated June 10, 1897, in which he says, "As to the stories contained in the article [i.e,Louis Vuitton Outlet Online. of the anonymous Times correspondent], they are without foundation." These words must, however, be, in any case,Discount Burberry Bags, accepted in a special sense,http://www.poloshirtsmw.com, considering the part taken by members of his own family, as well as by tenants and agents,Ralph Lauren Outlet, in attesting the stories in question.
Lord Bute states that Father H---- did not, upon the occasion of his visit to Falkland,Gucci Bags, say anything as to having seen the brown wooden crucifix (see pp. 132, 142, 154), but after this apparition had been seen by two other persons separately, Lord Bute wrote to Father H---- to inquire whether he could remember anything of the sort. His reply was as follows:--
The following further communication from Father H---- carries the record further back:--
"My own crucifix is of black metal, and just the length of this page (seven inches); and though I usually have it with me in my bag, I cannot for certain say that it was in my bag at B----."
"Though,Discount Gucci Handbags, on my leaving his house, Mr. S---- begged me not 'to give the house a bad name,' I did not understand by this that, as a point of honour, I should refrain from ever mentioning the subject. I respected his request to the extent of not alluding indiscriminately to the noises that disturbed my nights there. But I did speak to several people about them, and they had so impatiently and incredulously heard my statements, that I at last refused to repeat them, even when pressingly requested to do so. It was, therefore, quite a surprise to find myself talking about B---- House, or rather, listening with rapt attention to another talking about the place.
"Miss Y----, I think her name was,Cheap Burberry Bags, kept house for a priest at----. One evening, while on a visit there, I found her knitting as I passed the kitchen door, and bidding her the time of day, I discovered from a remark she made that she had in former days filled more important posts. She soon settled down when she found
"In August 1893 it was that I met,Cheap Polo Shirts, quite by accident, a person who knew something about B---- House and its strange noises.
"When you mention the brown wooden crucifix, you awaken a new memory in me. I now seem to live some of those hours over again, and I recollect that between waking and sleeping there appeared before my eyes--somewhere on the wall--a crucifix, some eighteen inches, I should say,http://www.coachoutletbag.info, long,Louis Vuitton Outlet Store, and, I think, of brown wood.
Related articles:

Islands_104 http://www.gucciwm.com

Allison_Bain_90 Louis Vuitton Outlet Online

Snow_Line_92 Louis Vuitton Outlet Online
返回列表