返回列表 回復 發帖

Horizon girls basketball and point guard Janelle Perez

Horizon girls basketball and point guard Janelle Perez
Horizon Scorpions point guard Janelle Perez is arguably the best point guard in the El Paso area. Perez scored 27 points to lead HHS to a road win at Canutillo on Friday night in a 24A battle. is a sharp shooting guard, who handles the ball well,I love Pomeranians, gets her teammates involved and has a great vision of the court. Don be surprised to see her playing college ball down the road. She is creative with the ball and her court awareness comes from playing lots of ball and studying the game. Look for Horizon to do great things in 24A this year. Does not take away the fact that Horizon PG is a good player. No matter what team she plays for seems she is a good player. Unfortunately, their is a lot of recruiting in so many schools. I am not sure about Horizon but it would be nice players would actually play for their school in their district and section. The Riverside tournament December 28 will be a good one for coaches and Felix to see some very good teams and basketball players. Irving, Chapin,Riverside,Ysleta,Franklin,Horizon,Which will simplicity . your ultimate annoyance together with the pump motor,El Dorado,Bel Air and Eastwood. Bel Air has a pretty good defense with a deep bench. They are fast and have done well this year and they play as a team. Check out the sophomore point guard not a lot of points but a lot of steals and assist. Definitely one of the best ball handlers in the city. Watched her play against Americas. Riverside tournament should be a great one to watch. Check it out Felix.
This negativity is typical for the area and for the culture. Unless you all know the of the story, keep your negative comments to yourselves. Felix is attempting to highlight El Paso talent in a way that perhaps might get your son or daughter where otherwise, it might never be. If you people just wise up and understand that if El Paso would together,air max 1 sale, maybe just maybe,nike air max 1 cheap, we all would benefit from this exposure with more D1 or D2 scholarship opportunities. Stop looking at this with vision and start looking at the big picture of what is transforming here in El Paso with respect to talented athletes in ALL sports. The positive trends are setting in whereby WE ALL are starting to see more and more athletes earning an athletic scholarship, in whatever sport. The message that you people are sending will only hinder your athletes opportunities for pursuing their dreams. And,cheap nike air max, before long, Felix might just away with featured articles because El Paso does not know how to appreciate wonderful talent. So, people of negativity, begin to promote your El Paso You never know who reading in another city or another state. God Speed.
I agree we need to stick together and it would be great for more exposure to NCAA D1 and D2 teams. But, you have to admit things have changed over the years and we cannot ignore the fact other teams are breaking UIL rules by recruitement and this is not a good image for our area. El Dorado is only the beginning. It really bothers me when a player says she has a choice between two 4A teams and she can choose. I am not going to mention these teams but she is definitely not playing for her school in her area and section. It is not Horizon by the way. If your child plays for the summer leagues in El Paso you will find out quickly who is not playing in their district. Mr. Pettis you have to understand this is not just about the "talented atheletes" but the students who are legal will suffer because of certain coaches, players and parents selfish pursuit of their child college scholarship opportunities. In some way other parents have the right to be negative. Some player will loose their opportunity to play at their own school because of recruits. It must be stopped and I am not negative I am a realist. It isn,air max 90,t any different outside of El Paso so I hope "outsiders" read this blog. I should know I was raised outside of El Paso and I know how the Panhandle teams would laugh at El Paso teams and that has not change all together. Believe me when I say I have been involved with kids and sport for over 30 years and had a daughter in another sport at New Mexico State. Yes we need to stick together and that includes pressure for our school administrators , coaches and parents to stop breaking the rules. UIL is not forgiving, just ask El Dorado. They are not alone so please coaches and parents respect the rules like all other students and parents.
You are dead wrong Julian, Leslie Caballero still lives in San Elizario,Shawn harrington Blog, Janelle Perez is supposely living with the head coach, they are good players, I not knocking them down, but Mike Padilla recruited them and that is a known fact, the horizon parents complained about 3 freshman girls that registered and practiced for the Horizon Basketball program, once the administration from Horizon knew about the 3 frehman girls left and went back to where they belong. If Clint ISD is not doing anything about this they are condoning cheating. Hopefully everything will come out. Unless you have experienced what it takes to be a dedicated and passionate athlete, you DON belong on this blog. This blog is about "talented" athletes being recognized and being featured for all their hard work, long hours, disappointments as well as recognotion, which Felix has attempted to do. You people are unbelievable,air max 1 sale, taking the blog by Felix and completely turning it upside down. Shame on you! Recruiting happens all over, all the time and it won go away. Train your athletes to compete against the very best and it will All come out the wash DO NOT take away an athletes spotlight for your own personal agenda. Praise or refute the player in the article and move on. This is not the place for it. Read Felix blog again  and again and again. I believe this athlete has earned it or Felix would not have featured her!
Horizon administration,it is not slander it is libel and it has to either be a tort or a malicious statement towards defamation of a person reputation.
Although I understand Daniel frustration he needs to be careful with accusations. We all know UIL rules are broken in many schools but the proper way to approach this is for coaches to make sure everyone has a Previous Athletic Participation Form on file. Since this involves administrators I am sure they will not risk their jobs for fraudulent papers. If students have not filed a Previous Athletic Participation Form then there should be some questions asked. But, I am very disappointed in many of our schools for all sports when student athletes are recruited. Yes it is definitely a problem in El Paso and surrounding area.
It is great that Felix Chavez featured this athelete. But you should not forget all the talented athletes who are not featured and who play for their school regardless of wins or loses and they also have blood, sweat and tears. Besides I have known numerous athelets in El Paso who went on to be successful and the El Paso Times jumped on the boat after they left and never gave them the proper recognition. Recruiting will go on but the UIL will not go away. So maybe Felix needs to address this problem.
If everyone would take the time to check out Max Prep you will see that Ms. Perez played her freshmen, sophomore and now junior year for Horizon. This means she has been there for more than at least a year and regardless of all the comments she is a Horizon basketball player and she is definitely a great player. My daughter does not play for Horizon but she has played basketball against Janelle Perez and I only have respect for this young lady because I do know how much time and work are required of the ladies. Best wishes for the entire Horizon basketball team.
Comments on this have been going on for about three weeks now. It getting old. Janelle has been playing for Horizon for three years. They hay have won BiDistrict the last two years. She has been killing teams now for three years. All the coaches in El Paso know who she is. She has been playing city ball as well as AAU ball for many years. I would have to think if there was something illegal about her not having to sit out 365 days one of these coaches in El Paso would have already challenged it. Do you also think that the Clint ISD sports director and Horizon High School administration would risk their jobs over a girls basketball team? She is legal!
Team Green, at Horizon many sports don have freshman teams. So they come in into JV or if good enough Varsity. Yes its all the same system but as long as you can prove your not there for sports purposes you don to sit out. And I guess she did. My kids go to HHS and they have struggled in recent years at the Varsity level. But the kids who are here now have come up together winning since 7th8th grade, now to see them compete and bring recognition to the area and see others whine and complain is sad. Don be so naive anybody can get an address if a student wants to go to a particular school. It all about exposure. The 24A won take any action against the Basketball Program in question, because they are all bodies and don want to be embarrassed that they blew it!!
返回列表