返回列表 回復 發帖

Michelle Paver heads for ancient Greece Childrens books guardian.co.uk

,hogan uomo
After a bestselling series of novels for children set in the stone age,  is moving to the bronze age with a new series of books,hogan, Gods and Warriors, set in ancient Greece.
As rain pounded the roof of the tent,Easy meals for self-catering holidays  Ask Sonya  Life and style  The Guardian,Mulberry sale,Government to crack down on council-run newspapers  Media  guardian.co.uk, the author told the  that the Mediterranean was full of "uncertainty,Mulberry handbags, because you never knew when a storm was going to flatten your crops".
The five-book series will focus on Hylas,ray ban sunglasses, a poor young boy who lives with his sister and who Paver said "lies and cheats and steals if he has to".
Hylas is joined by Pirra, a 12-year-old girl from Crete whom Paver described as "unimaginably rich",The Keystone XL pipeline will only add to Canadas environmental downfall  Heath, and who is fleeing an arranged marriage.
"I've loved this period since I was a kid,ghd," Paver explained to a packed audience, holding up two battered Puffin books about ancient Greece which she has owned since childhood. "I loved the myths of ancient Greece and Egypt."
Paver spoke about her extensive research process,Mulberry handbags, which has seen her go swimming with dolphins in the Azores and climb the volcano Stromboli in Sicily. "Mostly," she said,cheap ghd straighteners, "research is much more fun than the actual writing."
Paver's children's novels are based on historical, rather than fantasy, worlds. The last instalment of her Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series, Ghost Hunter,burberry outlet, won the .
"I want to make the world real,ray ban uk," she told the audience. "I have to be able to believe that it could happen. I can't put Pegasus in my stories because horses can't fly. It's just a quirk in my brain."
The author was tight-lipped about future plot developments, but revealed that some of her inspiration has come from a little further east. "I've got a really exciting ending for each book and a humdinger of an ending for the last book �C which I thought of in my yoga class," she said.
返回列表