返回列表 回復 發帖

The Death of Trayvon Martin- Hoodie Justice Pending in San Burberry Outlet Onlin

I write today as a mom of 3 handsome African American boys. Or shall I say 3 handsome, sweet African-American teenage boys. Much like Trayvon Martin.

They are 17, 16, and 15 years of age,Burberry Outlet Online. They are honor students with a Catholic school background. My boys like to wear sneakers-white, black, red and white and blue. They wear blue jeans and hoodies too. My boys talk and text on their cell phones fairly oblivious to anything else as they walk and talk. I am an attorney, practicing malpractice defense, family law and criminal defense. In fact, right here in Central Florida.

Fifteen miles or so from where Trayvon Martin, the African American boy, 17 years of age, on the cell phone, talking with a girl, going home with candy in his pocket was shot and killed.

As a criminal defense attorney, I am trying to understand the reason why it was initially determined that no crime was committed. There was a dead person,Cheap Oakley Sunglass. A dead child without a weapon and not committing a crime. A child walking home to his father’s house, being where he’s supposed to be.

Trayvon was reported as being suspicious because he was an African American male walking with blue jeans, white tennis shoes and a hoodie,http://truereligionbrandjeans-us.webs.com/. I am trying to figure out what made him suspicious. Was being black young and male? Was it the hoodie? Was it the blue jeans or the white sneakers?

The moms of black teenage sons need to know. What should our sons not wear so they won’t be profiled as suspicious and shot to death? My sons can change every article of clothing but, they can’t change the color of their skin. Certainly, had he been white, Trayvon’s fate would not have been the same. This mom and dad would still have their son.

Now where is justice? Is it hiding in color of George Zimmerman’s skin? Is it hiding in the State Attorney’s Office or even maybe the Sheriff’s Department? Why wasn’t Zimmerman tested for drugs or alcohol? Why wasn’t the teenage girlfriend of Trayvon contacted and questioned? She was the last one to speak to the young man. Why was there delay in releasing the 911 tapes?

Zimmerman violated the neighborhood watch rules of prohibiting possession of a weapon,Burberry Handbags, and to never confront a suspect. Let’s not even talk about killing an alleged suspect coming from the store with candy in his pocket. The bigger question is why Mr. Zimmerman was not immediately arrested and charged with at least aggravated manslaughter.

I am a citizen of the USA. I am an attorney,Oakley Sunglass, a defender of the people. I am a mom and a parent, and my heart hurts for the parents of Trayvon Martin. What a fine son! What a handsome black boy to be proud of!

On the other hand, what an opportunity for justice to be done. What an opportunity for justice to not have a profile of color. Racism. Profiling. Cover up. Without a doubt.

But, there will be justice for Trayvon Martin.

Love and Peace to the Family of Trayvon.
Beryl Thompson-McClary

返回列表