返回列表 回復 發帖

passed his certified nursing assistant class in the fall

KINGMAN - It only took Lane Pelham a minute to successfully complete the test judges gave him at the Future Business Leaders of America state competition.Pelham, who won first place in the help desk category of the contest earlier this month, quickly and correctly diagnosed two computer problems as he portrayed a technical support employee. Pelham's challenge was to help callers with PowerPoint and document-sharing difficulties."I had the exact same problem sharing a document the morning of the competition, so I was familiar with it," said Pelham, 16, a junior who plans to design video games. "I only used a minute of my allotted five minutes to solve the problem and I got 100 percent from the judges. It wasn't hard at all." Pelham is one of 10 Kingman High School students advancing to the national level of their respective state competitions, which all took place in Tucson. Kayla McLemore won fourth place in the job interview category at the same FBLA competition.At the Family Career and Community Leaders of America contest in March, Dyllan Farney took home a gold medal in the chapter showcase category.At the Health Occupations Students of America competition in early April, Brett Olson came in fourth in medical assisting, Alana Salazar placed third in medical spelling,Prada Bags, Amanda Williams won second place for healthy lifestyle and Brandon Moore came in second in nursing assisting. Alec Gibelyou, Natalie Casson and David Joe came in first as a team for creative problem solving in nursing,gucci outlet. All but Salazar plan to continue on. The FBLA national takes place June 25 to July 1 in Anaheim, Calif.; the FCCLA competition is scheduled for July 15-18 in Nashville and the HOSA competition is slated for June 19-22 in Nashville,gucci outlet online.The competition is the culmination of skills learned in KHS career classes, said Amy West, career and technical education coordinator for the Kingman Unified School District. West said the goal with career-level classes at KHS is to give students a helping hand in starting a college program or earning an industrial certificate in high school."There is an educational and economic boost to the community if it can get kids who are better employees and are furthering their education," said West. "As for the kids, participating in a competition like this is a confidence-builder and shows that someone has faith in them. For the schools, these winners show the public we're doing a lot of good things here. "It's all very positive."Moore, 17 and a senior, passed his certified nursing assistant class in the fall, competed in the nursing assistant category and came in second place. Moore said his test took place in an area set up to look like a hospital room, complete with a bed and supply table."My job was to help a soldier who was an amputee, and I had to roll her onto her right side and put her in a hospital bed without dropping her,longchamp pas cher," said Moore. "I was really nervous, because three people were judging me on my skills and what order I did things. "I really thought I had failed because I missed a lot."Farney,oakley sunglasses, 17 and a senior, won a gold medal in the chapter showcase category, which involves giving a presentation. Farney chose the FCCLA organization at KHS, which takes needy children on a $100 shopping spree for new clothes and raises money for the March of Dimes through various fundraisers in the community."I think I'm a good speaker," said Farney. "It takes a lot of leadership skills, and you can't stand up there and be nervous."FBLA advisor Melissa Gonzalez said 25 students attended the state competition, and of her group,Gucci Outlet, four received awards and two qualified for nationals. Categories there included public speaking, client services, job interview, business ethics and digital design."I'm proud of them all," said Gonzalez. "They did great and represented Kingman well,Coach outlet store."HOSA chapter advisor Carol Gunnerson said she spent hours helping her students plan for their competition. Of her 36 participants, 12 won at state and five are going to nationals. "All of the students who went are winners because they get to travel and stay in a resort," she said. "They are well-behaved, dress well and realize they can be professionals. When the light goes on like that, you know why you decided to become a teacher."
Related articles:

got her mother's artistic gene. Her art is music

It s hard

Google Inc. earned Google Inc. earned $3.3 billion.3 billion
返回列表