返回列表 回復 發帖

I heard one soldier call his Jewish comrade a Christ killer.

Just as spirited as the reaction to Medoff's original Op-Ed was the reader response to his follow-up. Nearly a dozen readers sent letters on the topic after Medoff responded to the initial batch. This time, however, readers were less deferential to Roosevelt.
Here is a selection of those letters.

ArnieKeren of Los Angeles doesn't pull punches:
"Medoff should be praised for bringing to life and attention to the shameful behavior of FDR during the Jews' darkest time,Mulberry bags.
"While anti-Semitism was rampant in the U,ghd straighteners.S. during those horrible  years, there was no excuse for a U,louis vuitton outlet.S. president to look the other way while so many Jews tried desperately to obtain immigration visas to America. Jews were trapped and fearing for their lives,Nike Air Max 90 Australia.
"My parents managed to escape Vienna in the spring and summer of 1938. Maybe if FDR were more tolerant of Jewish immigration, they could have landed in New York."
Long Beach resident Ronald Webster attests to the public's God-like view of Roosevelt at the time:
" 'Oh, your daddy just worshipped Roosevelt,' " my Republicanmother oftenreminded me whilegrowing up in Alabama. She evenwent to her father-in-law to get an admonishment. 'Carl,' he told my father,oakley custom, 'it's alright to like a president, but you shouldn't worship him.'
"Maybe that's why I wasn'tas provoked as other readers may have beenby Medoff's criticism that FDR ignored the persecution and killing of Jews,Mulberry sale. It's difficult to imagine any mistake by a wartime president, particularly,not being a serious one.
"It's said that ,ghd straighteners, upon leaving the Oval Office, warned  that every decision he would make would be difficult, all easier ones having been resolved prior."
Myron C,cheap ghd. Peterson of Encinitas spoke in Roosevelt's defense:
"To understand FDR and his actions, you have to look at them in context. The president's first priority was to win the war. The news at first had all been bad.
"France, then a huge empire, had been easily defeated by the . Hitler's troops were at the gates of Moscow. Our naval fleet was devastated at Pearl Harbor. We had lost the Philippines to Japan.
"There was no assurance of the war's outcome. FDR knew the only chance we had was a superhuman effort by a united America -- and at a time when anti-Semitism was rampant,ghd hair straighteners. In some areas of upstate New York, Jews could not buy land. Many societies in the South were openly anti-Catholic and anti-Jewish. When I was in , I heard one soldier call his Jewish comrade a Christ killer.
"FDR had to deal with many pressures,Air Max 90, and his choice was to keep the country united. Through his great leadership we overcame our adversaries and won the war, which stopped .
"Americans had no idea of the horror of the concentration camps, and the soldiers who liberated them could not believe what they saw. To say we should have bombed the rail yards leading to the camps is unrealistic. Albert Speer, who headed the German industrial war effort, said in his book that bombing the rail lines did little to hinder the Nazis' war effort because they had them back in operation quickly."
ALSO:

Related articles:

if they arent safe in their civilian guises

Jacqueline Hillman

New Jersey and Connecticut
返回列表