返回列表 回復 發帖

cheap mbt shoes195488143

As an amateur golfer, although my golf is very important to me, my livelihood does not depend directly on my ability to score well . However, I can think of many times,cheap mbt shoes, especially in my younger days, when I was uncomfortable, nervous, scared and downright terrified on the golf course.
You may have read on another of my articles . entitled Channel Your First Tee Nerves into Unconscious Golf Resources for Better Golf, about my nerves on the first tee in the Golf Illustrated Junior Vase at Hexham in the early 70s.
When the starter announced on the loudspeaker system that they were expecting great things from me after my hole in one there the previous day, I could hardly stand up, let alone hit a good drive down the middle .I've experienced similar feelings when I've arrived on the first tee and found I was playing with some or other golfing celebrity,mbt shoes uk.
I'll never forget Bill Shankland, my then golf coach, asking me to stand in for him in a game in late-June of 1970 . Bill explained that he was injured and could I take his place in a friendly fourball the following day.
He went on to explain that there'd be no pressure as I was playing at my home club and partnering the club pro, Colin Christison, a man I'd played with many times before. Bill also mentioned that one of our opponents would be Ian Connelly from Welwyn Garden City, later to become Nick Faldo's first coach and someone I also knew,mbt sandals. I was a bit nervous plying with two pros I'd watched playing in the Agfa tournament at Stoke Poges, but I knew them both and felt I could handle it.The next day, I got to the club and as I joined my playing partner Colin walking to the first tee, I noticed that there was quite a crowd of my fellow club members behind the tee. I nearly collapsed when I walked through the crowd and Colin introduced me to our other opponent. It was Tony Jacklin,sale mbt shoes, back in the UK to prepare for the British Open after winning the US Open a few weeks earlier,mbt footwear uk. I was terrified and it took a lot of quiet calming words from Colin to get me through the first nine holes. I started to enjoy the experience as I loosened up on the second nine.Like most people back in the early 70s, I had no knowledge of golf psychology and the best advice available was to pull yourself together and get on with it. That was difficult and the effect didn't last!I'm sure that I would still be very nervous if I found myself unexpectedly playing with a US Open Champion.
返回列表